Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Easy to be a consumer and the electronic clutter war continues

So I'm sitting with my son last night talking about a book I used to own that I lost in a flood- "The Guitar Handbook".

Really a good book if you want to learn to apply theory to your guitar playing plus a lot of other cool stuff.    I googled it and sure enough there it was on Amazon... Avoided the "People who bought this also looked at (or purchased) this..." at the bottom... but with all my shipping and payment info already in, 1 minute later Amazon is speeding it on its way to me.

Too easy...   maybe to celebrate I'll get rid of a few others on the bookshelf...

So now I'll get more Amazon suggestions in my email...  Seems like you can;t do ANYTHING without registering and getting a piece of e-trash. 
 
I've really learned to use that "unsubscribe" link this week hidden in the fine print at the bottom of those emails...  If I haven;t bought from them in 6 months or intend to in the next 6, bye bye!

 Later.

No comments: