Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Since all the cool kids are doing it I figured I would fire my old blog back up and make it more bonsai related...  although I may rant on all sorts of things on here.  ;^)  

Just something to get this party started... An 11 tree American Hornbeam forest I got of Mark Goodman.  Fodder during the Superbowl game.  Started cleaning up old chops and wiring some of the heavier branches.  Till I called in to work anyway. <sigh>



I'm not a big fan of forests.  I respect the work that can go into them but too often they're just a repository for crappy bonsai material.  Unless they're of this magnitude:



BUT my sidekick/son Jason seems to like them so I'm brushing up on them.  Besides I have a huge supply of crappy elms, hackberries and the like.  Here's one we worked up last year, a $3 purchase from the HBS auction and a gnarly root cutting.







He wants to add more of the mature gnarly stock this year. We'll have an up dated pic soon.

No comments: